Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Please "Shut Up" the Upper Miserable Class

There's some people whose personal lives I'd very much like to hear less about, and, collectively, I'd label these the "Upper Miserable Class". A good example of this is the Myerson family (New Labour supporters and second home in the same seaside town as Gordon and Sarah Brown, if you get my drift). Personally, I don't much like Jonathan Myerson's writing, which has far too much air time on BBC Radio 4 for a start, and the mere mention of his name switches the programme off for me. Thankfully, I'd never been forced fed anything by his wife, Julie, until lately that is. Now the story of the couple's addict son and family life is all over the media, as Julie Myerson has written a book about her errant offspring. Said youth has responded by describing his mother to a newspaper journalist as "insane". For all I know, this description may - along with his father's tedious tinkerings with public life - hold the key to the family's obvious problems, so please, as far as I'm concerned, "shut up" the lot of them !

No comments: