Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tabloid Coverage of Environmental Issues

On Monday, I purchased a copy of The Sun newspaper : a first for me !

Inside was a copy the first tabloid edition of the paper, published on 16 November 1969. This was rather a good little read !

My feeling is that there is an opportunity for the likes of The Sun to provide better coverage - dare I say more balanced even ! - than the non Red Top broadsheets, which seem to have opted for the "let's take something straightforward and make it as complicated as we can" approach to environmental issues.

So here's my list of key issues needing some good old fashioned common sense reporting :
  • Population & Health
  • Resources & Nature
  • Energy & Transport
  • Waste & Pollution...

I look forward to the headline : "It's The Sun What's Done It !"

No comments: