Thursday, March 18, 2010

THE MEN (& Women) WITH NO BRAIN

The hero - or anti-hero - of "The Dollar Trilogy" is "The Man with No Name", and I shall return to him in a future post, but today I want to focus on "The Men with No Brain". Now I'm aware that this expression sounds sexist, so I'd just say that women are included here, but they play a smaller, albeit not insignificant, role.

"No Brainer" - something which requires little or no mental effort - is a term whose usage has become widespread in recent years, along with an apparently insatiable interest in zombies etc. For my own part, I've long suspected an android conspiracy whereby key sections of the UK corporate world, public and private, have been infiltrated by automatons.

My evidence for the presence of these, admittedly high-functioning, drones is their incapacity for individual thought and apparent dependency on some collective "super-brain", possibly located in the United States, but more probably in China. The implications of the global financial crisis would seem to bear out my suspicions.

I also suspect that there may be a hierarchy of such collective brains, with a superior one in London, albeit subservient to more powerful forces elsewhere, and lesser ones operating across the English regions, at County and District level. My own feeling is that the intellectual professions, including many academics, are particularly prey to this collective intelligence.

Fortunately, many other people seem to have a natural immunity to the "No Brainer" virus, and I very much hope that their vote will determine the outcome of the next UK General Election when "The Man with No Name", for his identity is still unclear, will restore this nation's strong tradition of collectivist individualism.

Please also see http://janetmackinnon.wordpress.com - Planners's "Ivory Towers" targeted by Conservative MP

No comments: