Thursday, January 13, 2011

JOURNEY WILL BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS

As someone who hasn't read Fitzroy Maclean's "Eastern Approaches", but heard an interesting account of the man and his work over the Christmas period, I have to inform readers that my journey is likely to be rather less exciting, and will inevitably be subject to delay. However, the opening of Maclean's journey and the start of my own virtual progress in 2011 share the same mode of travel: the railways. But whilst his account begins with a sense of excitement as he departs from Paris destined for Moscow, my first proper posting of the New Year begins rather closer to home: the Conservative Home website in fact, and the subject of the Government's new Regional Growth Fund and strategic rail investment between London and the North of England. Please see http://janetmackinnon.wordpress.com Like many rail journeys in this country I anticipate that this one will be subject to delays.

No comments: